If so anything there to do? Fish, Hike, Good food, Good brew, Get mugged, Etc? Got some family there thinking about goin and seeing in a few weeks.
If so anything there to do? Fish, Hike, Good food, Good brew, Get mugged, Etc? Got some family there thinking about goin and seeing in a few weeks.
GO VOLS
You can learn the South Boston accent but that's about it .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunTzu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can learn the South Boston accent but that's about it . </div></div>
Be awful to not be able to unlearn it and talk like Ward Burton the rest of my life.
82 no placed to eat that stand out? Any malls? Anygood outdoors areas?
GO VOLS
Berryhill Plantation and Bistro 1888 (downtown) are pretty uppity. They have an Applebee's, several Mexican restaurants, several Italian restaurants, and I'm sure there are others. They don't have a full size mall like Ft. Henry. Buggs Island Lake is close by. There's more to do there than where I live. People from Charlotte County will either go to South Boston or Lynchburg for dates and stuff.
Up until about 4 yrs ago I had to go there every month on business . Never saw anything out of the ordinary , but I never saw 100 percent of S. Boston maybe only 75 . On a side note I was working there the morning of 9-11 . Speaking of Ward , there is South Boston Speedway . It's kinda freaky when alot of the locals talks like him .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
I live right up the road from South Boston. It has some really nice areas and all the normal eat/drink joints. I think you could find something worthwhile to get in to.
Bookmarks